11. Dr. Dre, Detox - coming in at number 11 because I'm not too convinced it's gonna actually drop in 2011. I mean it's only been delayed what, 7 years now?
10. Cabin in the Woods - One of my favorite Tv auteurs of all time is taking to film with a horror movie. Very excited. But it's billed as tongue-in-cheek as well so a little worried. Joss's comedy doesn't always land: see number 5
Alleged Release: Winter/Early Spring
9. Cowboys & Aliens - Confession: I have no idea what this is even about. It's got Harrison Ford, latest Bond, Olivia Wilde, a summer release and a sick title. Enough for me.
Release: July 29th
8. Mad Men Season 5 - I'll probably be able to have a legal drink before this even premieres (my birthday's late July) but no matter. Like the season 3 finale before it, season 4's swan-song "Tomorrowland" was such a game changer that the buzz to see how the impulsive Don Draper's latest life-altering decision plays out is palpable. I wished Don well when we last saw him...but this is Mad Men, none of these people are happy.
Alleged Release: Summer/Fall hopefully, bullshit scheduling might push it to [gasp!] 2012
7. Thor - miss me with that Green Lantern nigga. I've got legitimate doubts. Captain America too. But this should be a slam dunk. Plus it's got Natalie Portman. Just watch the trailer.
Release: May 6th
rob him again.
Alleged Release: 1st Q
5. The Hangover: Part II - the original was one of the best comedies in recent years. Didn't exactly seem like sequel-bait, but it made a shitload so here we are. Very eager to see if Thailand is as hilariously hard on the guys as Vegas was.
Release: May 26th
4. Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 - It's been well over a year since the proclaimed "four-eyed fuck" delivered what was both his best season and a clever, satirical bestowal to Seinfeld fans thirsting for a reunion that was/is never going to [officially] happen. The timer for the follow-up ran out months ago Mr. David, I need 10 more episodes of dry yet laugh-out-loud misanthropist humor, stat.
Alleged Release: Spring
3. Entourage Final Season - All good things must come to an end. Better to go out on top than shuffle off unnoticed. All the platitudes in the world won't help the bittersweet feelings I'll surely have when Vince, E, Turtle, Drama and Ari ride out into the PCH sunset. And a six episode, truncated season at that, smh HBO. Make the most of it boys.
2. Kanye West & Jay-Z, Watch the Throne - two of my favorite artists of all time, one album? Act like you didn't know this wouldn't be high on the list. At post time the first single hasn't dropped yet, but the anticipation is killing me. Excuse me while I go hyperventilate. Again.
Alleged Release: March
1. Jay-Z's 12th Studio Album - 2010 = the vacation year. Murder some guest verses, continue building an entertainment empire, continue being married to the baddest chick in the game, all well and good but now it's time to get back to business. #2 doesn't count either. I'd like it before Q4 too, sir.
Doesn't even have an alleged release yet, UGH
What pop culture events are you anticipating this year?